ISTE Certification for Educators is the only vendor-neutral, internationally recognized credential for educators who have demonstrated mastery of the ISTE Standards for Educators. ISTE Certification focuses on pedagogy, not on tools or devices, and is designed to change your educational practice, whether you’re an instructional designer, library media specialist, technology coach or in another role. The program combines 14 weeks of professional learning with a six-month portfolio application and review process, and recipients can apply to receive up to four graduate-level credits for their participation. Is it rigorous? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes!
Focused on pedagogy. Based on the ISTE Standards.
ISTE is focused on pedagogy, not tools. It’s not about edtech per se, it’s about what you do with the tech to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
Are you ready to be an ISTE Certified Educator?
To be successful in this program we believe it is important to consider these questions.
- Are you an educator who is interested in professional growth and who sees the ISTE Standards as a roadmap for using technology to learn?
- Are you an educator who has experience and comfort using varied technology in the classroom?
- Are you an educator who is comfortable with and has experience successfully taking online professional learning (courses)?
Benefits of becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
- Become part of the ISTE Certified Educator community
- Join ISTE Certified Educator meet ups at the ISTE conference
- Identify yourself with the ISTE Certified Educator email signature and digital badges
- Opportunity to earn four graduate level credits.
Through our partnership with New Jersey City University, you can earn three graduate level credits at the cost of $270. Once you successfully pass the ISTE Certification, click this link for submission instructions: https://njcu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3jAdwkS8j9G8b6R