- This event has passed.
Virtual Ed Summit: Foundations & Integrations with Google for Education cohosted with edWeb.net (CE Certificates for this program are provided by edWeb.net) – August 26 & 27, 2020
August 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am EDT - August 27, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EDT$149 – $249
Virtual Ed Summit: Foundations & Integrations with Google for Education
Join us for a one-day or two-day event featuring the foundations of using Google tools on day one, and in day two take a deeper look at how to use Google tools to improve remote instruction.
Day 1: Foundations of Google for Education is geared towards helping educators unpack a variety of Google tools with step-by-step instructions on how to get started. Spend time building, sharing, and iterating learning experiences offered to support your immediate instructional needs. Participants will walk away with actionable steps and knowledge on a variety of applications offered through G Suite to support the four critical pillars of hybrid and remote instruction: community, collaboration, assessment, and accessibility.
Day 2: Integrations of Google for Education will explore how to integrate effective remote and hybrid teaching strategies using G Suite and Google applications. In this Summit, participants will explore best pedagogical practices of using Google Classroom and additional, free applications not commonly known from Google to support core content areas. Discover how to align to curricular goals and maintain sound instructional practices. Leave this Summit with practical examples on how to integrate G Suite applications into your remote and hybrid practices.
To register via purchase order, please fill out this form. In most cases entitlement funds can be used to attend.
Day 1: Foundations with Google for Education (August 26) participants will:
- Explore the fundamentals of a variety of Google tools.
- Discover the four critical pillars to remote teaching
- Experience step-by-step instruction on how to use a variety of G Suite applications for beginner Google users.
- Explore how to use G Suite applications for your classroom.
Day 2: Integrations with Google for Education (August 27) participants will:
- Foster school and classroom community with G Suite applications.
- Establish collaboration with G Suite applications.
- Integrate Google Tools to increase accessibility for all learners.
- Create authentic assessments with G Suite applications.
- Identify Google tools aligned with remote instruction.
CE Certificates for this program are provided by our co-host edWeb.net
Presented by Al Morali, Senior Learning Leader; Erin Hommeland, Director of Process and Planning; Marcie Hebert, Director of STEM;
Mike Wojtaszewski, Senior Learning Leader; Erin Sailor, Senior Learning Leader; and Machele Clark, Learning Leader
Choose to attend one day or both days (for a reduced rate)
|Day 1||Foundations||Day 2||Integrations|
|Organization & Collaboration with Drive and Docs||In this introductory session, explore the functionality of the Google Drive and Docs, and the features used to bolster instructional content, and promote community in the remote classroom.||Google Classroom 101||In this introductory session, explore the functionality of a Google Classroom and the features used to bolster instructional content and promote community in the remote classroom.|
- Examine the functionality of Google Drive.
- Create and organize files and folders in Google Drive.
- Create and use tables in Google Docs.
- Explore the collaboration features of Google Docs.
- Explore Google Classroom features that support online instruction.
- Explore how to build a Google Classroom.
|Discover Google Slides||In this introductory session, explore the functionality of Google Slides and the features used to bolster instructional content, and promote community in the remote classroom.||DEEPEN Asynchronous Virtual Learning with the G Suite||Take your Google Classroom to the next level and learn how to incorporate G Suite integrations to promote instruction, community, and collaboration in the remote classroom to facilitate asynchronous learning.|
- Customize the appearance of a slide deck.
- Explore how to add text, pictures, and videos to a slide deck.
- Discover how to communicate, collaborate and share a slide deck.
- Discover G Suite tools and integrations that can be used to promote asynchronous instruction.
- Explore different features that can be used to bolster community and collaboration without teacher facilitation.
|Assessment & Data Collection with Forms and Sheets||Dive into this introductory session to discover the features of Google Forms Sheets. Learn how to create E interactive activities and assessments in Forms and then analyze and interpret students data in Sheets.||Virtual Field Trips with Google||Have you ever wanted to host a field trip to another country? Or tour an area as you read about it in literature? Or explore the seven wonders of the world with your class? Google offers multiple applications to bring the world to you virtually! In this session, learn how to host virtual field trips without leaving your home.|
- Explore the components of a Form.
- Create and share a Google Form.
- Determine the features of Sheets.
- Enter data in a Sheet.
- Write formulas in Sheets.
- Add a chart to Sheets.
- Experience a virtual field trip.
- Identify the steps to plan a virtual field trip.
- Describe the considerations necessary to facilitate a Google based field trip.
|Introduction to Google Sites||Explore the functionality of Google Sites and how its features can be used to foster assessment, communication, and accessibility in the virtual classroom.||Formative Assessments with Google Drawings, Google Slides, & Jamboard||Low-stake assessments such as exit tickets and quizzes can be used as effective ways to measure student knowledge. In this session, learn how to use Google Drawings, Google Slides, and Jamboard to create formative assessments and promote collaboration.|
- Explore the components of a Site.
- Create and share a Google Site.
- Use Google Drawings and Jamboard to promote collaboration.
- Identify how to create formative assessments with Google Drawings, Google Slides, and Jamboard.
- Design a formative assessment with Google Drawings and Jamboard.
|Engaging Activities with Drawings||Google Drawings is a fun and interactive application where students can engage in interactive assignments. In this introductory session, learn about the features of Drawings that can be used to boost instructional content.||Utilizing Forms and Sheets For Assessment & Data Collection||Google Forms and Google Sheets are effective classroom tools for assigning assessments and collecting student data. This session will focus on how to monitor the student process and analyze data collected to increase meaningful learning experience.|
- Explore Drawings.
- Create a Drawing.
- Share a Drawing.
- Identify how assessments in Google Forms can be used to measure learning and social-emotional well-being.
- Use Google Sheets to collect and analyze student data.
|Designing a Google Classroom||In this introductory session, explore the functionality of a Google Classroom and the features used to bolster instructional content and promote community in the remote classroom.||Building Google Sites to Display Evidence of Learning||In a world of remote learning, it can be overwhelming gathering data on student progress. In this session, learn how Google Sites can act as a platform to promote student portfolios, projects, and other forms of evidence of learning.|
- Explore Google Classroom features that support online instruction.
- Explore how to build a Google Classroom.
- Identify the uses of Google Sites.
- Formulate effective strategies to design portfolios, projects, and evidence of learning in Google Sites.
|Virtual Learning with Google Meet & Jamboard||Discover how to bring virtual learning together with Google Meet and Jamboard. Learn about the Meet and Jamboard features and how they can be used in your virtual classroom to create engaging learning experiences.||Promoting Accessibility through Choice Boards||Through the integration of Google Tools, students are given accessibility to content though choice boards. Learn how to motivate and engage students by offering choice boards in the classroom.|
- Identify the features of Meet.
- Discuss opportunities Meet brings to the school community.
- Examine the functionality of Jamboard.
- Design a Jamboard.
- Justify the value-added from student choice.
- Explore design choices when building choice boards.
- Design a choice board.
|Explore Google Add-Ons & Extensions||In this introductory session, explore a variety of Google add-ons and extensions. Add-ons and extensions can be used to help enhance Google features and make the digital world accessible for all learners. Walk away with a list of add-ons and extensions that can be useful for your classroom!||Google Powered Inquiry-Based Learning Experiences||Inquiry-based learning encourages learning through questioning. In this session, explore the structure of the 5E’s and how a variety of G Suite applications can be used to develop authentic inquiry-based experiences.|
- Explore add-ons and extensions.
- Reflect on how add-ons and extensions can enhance learning experiences.
- Define inquiry-based learning.
- Explore the use of the 5E’s when designing an inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Evaluate G Suite applications that support the inquiry-based learning process.
|Putting it All Together||In this 30 minute breakout sessions, take time to reflect and put your new Google skills to practice! Complete a choice board activity guided by instructional coaches and then share your creations to inform iteration and inspire others about different Google possibilities.||Screencasting for Teachers & Students||Do your students ask for you to repeat math problems, stories, and how-to instruction? Go beyond screen sharing and explore multimedia instruction. In this session, explore design principles such as screen time, chunking content, and multimedia principles.|
|Learner Outcomes: |
- Identify Google tools to bolser in the physical and virtual classroom.
- Complete a choice board activity.
- Identify the benefits of using designing principles.
- Explore how to facilitate learning through screencasting.
|Curating Content with YouTube||YouTube videos are a fun and interactive way to bring content into the classroom. In this session, discover the power of YouTube playlists to facilitate asynchronous learning and how to create multiple access points for all learners to design engaging activities based on YouTube videos.|
- Identify the benefits of incorporating YouTube videos into instruction.
- Design a learning experience with YouTube.
|Designing Learning Experiences with TPACK & Google Tools||TPACK offers support for educators to explain the set of knowledge, teach effectively, and utilize technology in a learning experience. In this session explore the functionality of TPACK and how to use its foundation to evaluate different Google resources when designing a learning experience.|
- Define TPACK.
- Utilize TPACK designing a learning experience with G Suite applications.
|Differentiated Instruction with Forms||Go beyond the basics with Google Forms and discover how to create interactive assessments, choose your own adventure stories, and integrate multimedia content to enhance student participation.|
- Identify how to create Google Forms to enhance learning experiences.
- Design advanced Google Form using images, feedback, and branching.
- Add sections to Forms to create questions that allow for sequencing and timelines.
|Using Google Tools to Promote Literacy Skills||G Suite offers a variety of applications that can be used to promote literacy skills for reading and writing, and create engaging activities. Discover how to integrate different G Suite features and add-ons into a learning experience to promote an array of literacy skills.|
- Identify G Suite applications and add-ons to promote literacy in the virtual classroom.
- Explore how to create learning experiences with Google tools to promote literacy instruction.
|Creating Math Learning Experiences with Google Tools||Do you wonder how to create engaging math learning experiences online? Google offers multiple tools and add-ons that can be used to enhance math experiences for the learner by offering opportunities to manipulate mathematical equations, evaluate problems, and engage in fun math activities.|
- Plan an engaging virtual math learning experience with G Suite applications and add-ons.
- Review G Suite apps and add-ons to facilitate math activities.
|Deliberate Design with Google Science Journal||The Google Science Journal app was created to bring the science lab into the palm of the student’s hand. In this session learn how to utilize the Science Journal with the help of the Engineering Design Process to build mobile science labs.|
- Define the Engineering Design Process.
- Brainstorm ways to integrate Google Science Journal into instruction.
Who Should Attend?
- Classroom Teachers
- Library Media Specialists
- Directors of Curriculum
- Directors of IT/Technology
- Associate Superintendents
The cost to attend one day is $149.
The cost to attend two days is $249.
To register via Purchase Order, please fill out this form.
One Day Group of 10+ $139 (Use Code VES10)
One Day Group of 20+ $129 (Use Code VES20)
Two Day Group of 10+ $239 (Use Code 2VES10)
Two Day Group of 20+ $229 (Use Code 2VES20)
Cancellation Policy: All registrations are final and non-refundable.
Purchase Orders: A purchase order is a legally binding document between a supplier and a buyer. Once your purchase order is received the products or services requested fall under the Eduscape Refund and Substitution Policy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.
Virtual Summits Co-Hosted by edWeb and Eduscape
edWeb and Eduscape are co-hosting virtual conferences combining their areas of experience to provide the best virtual conferences for educators, especially in this time of remote learning.